Use me to donate to PPC to help the puppies and kitties <3
Use me to donate to ASE and make 2021 super amazing!
Why did you make the decision to postpone now?
- This decision has been a long time coming, and one we unfortunately could not publicly announce until we had our new contracts finalized.
While Tennessee has largely opened back up, there was the obvious question of general safety. Could we keep our attendees and staff safe? What would a physical convention in a pandemic even look like? Would enough people want to risk attending for us to afford a 2020 convention? In the end, after discussing with our options with our partners at the Marriott and Chattanooga Convention Center, we made the decision to postpone this year’s convention until 2021.
What are the new dates?
- Anthro Southeast 2021 will happen on October 29-31, 2021. We will return to the Chattanooga Marriott Downtown and Chattanooga Convention Center.
What about the Guests of Honor and theme?
- 2021 will have the same theme and same GOHs as we had originally planned for 2020. We are excited to showcase the amazing talents of both Madshy and FurBakery, and we don’t want them to miss out just because we can’t have the convention in 2020!
I’ve pre-registered for 2020! What will happen with my registration? Can I get a refund?
- By default, everyone who has pre-registered will have their registration transferred to the new 2021 convention dates. If you would like a full refund or donate your registration to help the con, you will be able to request this up to 30 days after the postponement announcement went live. This means the cut-off date for refund or donation requests is August 20, 2020. If we have not heard from you before this date, your registration will be automatically rolled over to 2021. Please check the email you used at the time of registration for an email from the convention about how to request a refund or to donate your registration. You can also email the registration team directly at
In addition, everyone who has pre-registered and chooses to have their registration transferred to 2021 (or donated) will be given an exclusive gift at ASE 2021 as a thank you!
I hear a lot about cons losing money, can ASE afford to postpone?
- To be completely transparent, if everyone requests a full refund, we will still happen again, but we will have a very difficult time in 2021. Like with most conventions that have had to postpone, we have non-refundable fees we still must pay to our various vendors we have contracts with (rentals for the space, tables, A/V speakers and lights, etc). However, unlike many, more established cons, we are so new that we simply do not have the funds saved up to pay for everything and still make 2021 the con we want it to be. Despite this, we decided it would not be fair to pass those non-refundable costs on to those who need a refund. We know these are hard times for everyone, and a year is a long time to wait for another convention. However, if you can roll over your registration to the new dates, we highly encourage you to do so as these pre-registration sales go towards paying our non-refundable fees. We have also opened early bird pre-registration for the new dates! Pre-registering for 2021, transferring your 2020 registration, or even upgrading your existing registration to a higher tier is the best way to support ASE and help ensure we can bring you an out of this world convention in 2021 and beyond.
Pre-registration for 2021 will open by August 1st, 2020 or earlier.
Can I donate?
- We thank you from the bottom of our fuzzy hearts for your generosity! We encourage you first to just transfer your 2020 registration to 2021, upgrade your existing registration, or pre-register early for the new dates if you haven’t already. We also urge everyone who has considered donating to ASE to also donate to our wonderful charity: The Pet Placement Center. They are also hurt by the effects of COVID-19 and the postponement of our convention this year. If you would like to go above and beyond, we will have a donation Paypal link if you want to help make ASE 2021 an out of this world experience.
Donations to Pet Placement Center can be made directly to them here:
Donations to ASE can be made with the yellow button at the top of the page.
I paid for my Dealer’s Den table! What happens to that?
- Like with registration, we will default to transferring your table to the new dates in 2021. You will receive an email detailing how to request a refund if the new dates will not work for you. We are also offering the exclusive 2021 gift to all dealers if you opt to roll over your table to the new dates! Please email us if you have any questions or do not see an email about the convention’s postponement!
I was put on the dealer's Den waitlist, what should i do?
As Covid-19 has affected all our lives, we've seen so many creators improve their craft in many ways during this time. With this in mind, ASE 2021 applications will start from scratch, as we know many of you have updated portfolios that may make your application stand out much more next year.
I booked a hotel room! Can I get a refund?
- If you have booked a room for 2020, please contact your hotel directly to discuss their room cancellation policies. Unfortunately, ASE cannot help you with getting your room refunded. Because our 2020 room block at the Marriott never opened to the public, any reservations made at the Marriott were made outside of our room block and are therefore not a part of our contract with the hotel. Reservations made at hotels other than the Chattanooga Marriott Downtown are out of our control regardless as the Marriott is the only hotel we have a partnership with.
I have other questions!
- Email the convention directly and we will get back to you as soon as possible!